During the last weeks we’ve been creeping in our home offices to finally present you a new version of our demo.
Not only can you now play a new level, but we have also taken the feedback from you, the content creators, viewers and supporters very seriously.
Several bug fixes, improvements and minor gameplay adjustments are included in this update.
Plus, there’s more for all ears now. Not only did we add background ambience sounds, but we also added FX sounds to several animations and actions.
If you have any questions regarding Beam, you can directly reach our community manager Zinni by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), join our Discord or send a DM in one of our socials.
Get the free demo here: http://bit.ly/BeamOnItch
Wishlist the game: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Let’s dive into the details:
- Added – Additional dialogue
- Added – Atmospheric sounds
- Added – A lot of audio stuff
- Added – MARBLE visualization
- Added – Landing Sound for MARBLE -> Glonck!
- Added – FX-Sounds for many animations
- Added – Bounce beam sound -> Oh it´s bouncy!
- Added – Separate continue button to main menu
- Added – Flamethrower!
- Improved – Fire has now a dancing light effect
- Improved – Rerecorded many MARBLE audio lines
- Improved – Reworked Martins and MARBLEs voice effects
- Improved – In a multi-monitor setup, Cursor now stays in game window
- Improved – Levers and pressure plates with clear labeling of what they do (hopefully everywhere)
- Improved – Blue container has a new model
- Improved – Better time measurement for level completion time
- Improved – Cheats invalidate the time for the current level
- Improved – Ingame console with a lot of quality of life updates
- Improved – Calculations for the audio sliders in the settings menu (you should have more range in the audio settings now)
- Added – Level 1.1 – Additional dialogue
- Added – Level 1.1 – Atmospheric track
- Added – Level 1.1 – Additional camera cover
- Improved – Level 1.1 – Camera path in the fire section
- Improved – Level 1.1 – The repair station room completely
- Fixed – Level 1.1 – Door sometimes not opens
- Fixed – Level 1.1 – Several colliders
- Added – Level 1.2 – Additional dialogue
- Added – Level 1.2 – Atmospheric track
- Fixed – Level 1.2 – Flying crystals are not flying crystals any more
- Fixed – Level 1.2 – Several colliders
- Added – Level 1.3 – Additional dialogue
- Added – Level 1.3 – Atmospheric track
- Added – Level 1.3 – Running cat sound
- Improved – Level 1.3 – Less fire strength
- Fixed – Level 1.3 – Several plane change triggers
- Fixed – Level 1.3 – Light beams sometimes not working
- Fixed – Level 1.3 – Crystal positions
- Fixed – Level 1.3 – Several colliders
- Added – Level 1.4