This patch will also be the version you can play at Herofest 2019 come by our booth! We are also showing of the game in Cologne at the Indie Game Fest.
We took the incoming feedback from our social media channels and also what you had to say while playing the game on the EGX in Berlin two weeks ago.
We added a complete new section to Level 6 which makes it the biggest yet. This alone will add another 10 minutes to our demo, putting it close to one and a half hour.
As always we are very happy to receive your ideas and feedback.
Let’s dive into the details:
- Fixed – A rare bug that did change the moving plane for the ball but would leave the camera on the old one.
- Fixed – Linear movement of platforms not working correctly
- Fixed – Camera stutter on some elevators
- Improved – Combination lock code for Lever and Button puzzles
- Improved – Pressure plates are not reacting to the gravity beam anymore, which had them fly away before. Funny but not practical.
- Improved – Bounce speed from 850 squared to 950 squared – so more bounciness 🙂
- Level 2 – Fixed – Removed the collider from the crane rope and with that the possibility to soft-lock the game in the hangar trapping the player on the gallery.
- Level 2 – Improved – Camera cover in the towerclimb for a better overview.
- Level 2 – Improved – Lighting in the hangar.
- Level 2 – Improved – Unnecessary difficult jump out of the lever area.
- Level 4 – Improved – Moved the two red beams closer to the ramp for better jump.
- Level 5 – Improved – Lighting of the scene.
- Level 5 – Improved – Better visible reaction of the level to switching off the reactor.
- Level 5 – Changed – Exit is now through the turned off reactor.
- Level 6 – Added – A whole actually pretty huge section got added to this already confusing level. Take your time to explore 🙂
- Level 6 – Fixed – Some plane change volumes where slightly off
- Level 6 – Fixed – Added missing colliders.
This patch will also be the version you can play at EGX 2019 come by our booth!
We added a complete new Level for you to explore. Also, at some places in the game you can finally explore in the depth. So we heard you when you asked to explore the backlground.
Please give us more feedback we are always very happy to receive your ideas.
Get the free demo here: http://bit.ly/BeamOnItch
Wishlist the game: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Let’s dive into the details:
- Added – In special locations, you are now able to switch the playing plane. You can now enter background corridors. This will be indicated by a special icon
- Added – Camera now turns smoothly between plane changes
- Changed – Menu buttons now have clearly visible highlights, which also improves controller navigation
- Changed – Camara movement has been smoothed to cause less nausea bouncing around.
- Fixed – Linear Movement in spline moover.
- Fixed – General – Boundaries and colliders of multiple sections have been reworked. Hopefully no bugging through walls anymore!
- Changed – Level 1 – Added Tutorial to show how to switch planes (even before you learn to jump because you have to turn cameras before you jump! Wasn’t that the saying?)
- Changed – Level 2 – Reworked upper section, this removes the long backtracking section.
- Added – Level 2 – Hangar now features a moving crane which can be activated.
- Added – Level 2 – Hangar now has a big vertical door, which may be opened.
- Changed – Level 2 – Exit has now a new location and can be seen during the first section in the level. Can you spot it in the background?
- Fixed – Level 3 – Barrel deadlock removed. Sorry!
- Changed – Level 3 – Smoother barrel movement, we added platforms and stuff!
- Fixed – Level 4 – Fixed some beam parts not working when interacting with fog. How the hell that happened we do not have a clue 😀
- Added – Level 4 – Added a new platform in the abyss section to prevent you from falling too far down. We are not „getting over it!“
- Changed – level 4 – Red beam section before the abyss leap improved, it is now a bit easier to get up into the ventilation tunnels.
- Added – Level 5 – A complete new level to explore! ‚Nuff said!
This is a minor post GamesCom 2019 patch. We mostly reacted to your feedback and fiddled with the levels. A crate here, a few degrees rotate a lightbeam there. Also added a max speed value to the red bounce beams which gives a much more desired behaviour.
- Fixed – UI in Level 2
- Added – A maxspeed factor to red beams
- Added – Placed boxes after fall down in abyss in Level 4
- Added – Placed a box in first gravity puzzle in Level 6
- Fixed – minor things overall
This patch will also be the version you can play at our GamesCom 2019 booth (Hall 2.1 Booth A050). We reworked most of the movement to make it more „crisp“. A few bugs we had with the cinemachine are fixed as well. We also did a big rework of the tutorial level and added a completely broken part of the ship. Please give us some feedback about that section, because we want to add this damaged style to all the levels for more immersion into the storyline that is yet to come.
Let’s dive into the details:
- Changed – Tweaked camera values to work better with the already built levels. Again xD
- Changed – More responsive direction change, because physics!
- Changed – Fog behavior with math.
- Fixed- Debugged camera look ahead functionality
- Fixed – Sometimes not jumping when in a corner. But you have to admit sometimes corners are cozy.
- Fixed – Fog particles getting propelled with the ball upwards and activating undesired beams.
- Fixed – Ball could sometimes collide with the physics field of the gravity beams.
- Removed – We removed the wall jump also in the easy mode. We felt that is was not the right mechanic for this game and instead you are motivated to use the light-beams as intended.
- Added – Slightly more gravitational pull on falling to add that „crisp“ feeling mentioned in the introduction.
- Fixed – Minor house keeping and cleanup also fetched the dry-cleaning and made coffee.
- Added – Level 1 – New damaged section with lighting effects and new models.
- Added – Level 2 – Added two small container to make jumps on a gib one a little bit easier for new players.
- Changed – Level 3 – Added a small platform for better handling of the barrel
- Changed – Level 3 – Moved the platform at the first red riddle on the top right so the ball fits between the platform and the orange beam.
- Changed – Level 3 – First red puzzle fix, beam angled more towards the right side
- Changed – Level 5 – New colors on the color indicators of the lever riddle in the reactor level
Download the game here: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Wishlist it on steam: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Due to events like the FMX and our preparation for the Unity Dev Day Hamburg this patch is slightly smaller. Mostly camera work and graphic / animation changes, but lets look at the details:
This weeks Patch is a bigger one since we updated Unity to the 2019.1 official release, updated all the camera controls and much more. Also a lot of the demo level riddles got a little rework in reaction to feedback of the many active players / testers that we are lucky to have.
For the easter weekend we have another patch for you. Especially after seeing some of the bugs in different streams xD
After the extensive and awesome feedback we got at the gamefest in Berlin, here the first of many patches to come.