This is a minor post GamesCom 2019 patch. We mostly reacted to your feedback and fiddled with the levels. A crate here, a few degrees rotate a lightbeam there. Also added a max speed value to the red bounce beams which gives a much more desired behaviour.
- Fixed – UI in Level 2
- Added – A maxspeed factor to red beams
- Added – Placed boxes after fall down in abyss in Level 4
- Added – Placed a box in first gravity puzzle in Level 6
- Fixed – minor things overall
This patch will also be the version you can play at our GamesCom 2019 booth (Hall 2.1 Booth A050). We reworked most of the movement to make it more „crisp“. A few bugs we had with the cinemachine are fixed as well. We also did a big rework of the tutorial level and added a completely broken part of the ship. Please give us some feedback about that section, because we want to add this damaged style to all the levels for more immersion into the storyline that is yet to come.
Let’s dive into the details:
- Changed – Tweaked camera values to work better with the already built levels. Again xD
- Changed – More responsive direction change, because physics!
- Changed – Fog behavior with math.
- Fixed- Debugged camera look ahead functionality
- Fixed – Sometimes not jumping when in a corner. But you have to admit sometimes corners are cozy.
- Fixed – Fog particles getting propelled with the ball upwards and activating undesired beams.
- Fixed – Ball could sometimes collide with the physics field of the gravity beams.
- Removed – We removed the wall jump also in the easy mode. We felt that is was not the right mechanic for this game and instead you are motivated to use the light-beams as intended.
- Added – Slightly more gravitational pull on falling to add that „crisp“ feeling mentioned in the introduction.
- Fixed – Minor house keeping and cleanup also fetched the dry-cleaning and made coffee.
- Added – Level 1 – New damaged section with lighting effects and new models.
- Added – Level 2 – Added two small container to make jumps on a gib one a little bit easier for new players.
- Changed – Level 3 – Added a small platform for better handling of the barrel
- Changed – Level 3 – Moved the platform at the first red riddle on the top right so the ball fits between the platform and the orange beam.
- Changed – Level 3 – First red puzzle fix, beam angled more towards the right side
- Changed – Level 5 – New colors on the color indicators of the lever riddle in the reactor level
Download the game here: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Wishlist it on steam: http://bit.ly/BeamOnSteam
Due to events like the FMX and our preparation for the Unity Dev Day Hamburg this patch is slightly smaller. Mostly camera work and graphic / animation changes, but lets look at the details:
Changed – Tweeked camera values to work better with the already built levels.
Changed – Input system upgraded to new internal version. Removed wrapper classes for a more direct handling.
Changed – Moved the text prompts to the lower lefthand corner so it is no longer in the way of the scene.
Fixed – Bug where you could input commands while window not in focus and not rendering.
Added – Script controll for the rotation script and callbacks to the splinewalker.
Added – New Container models for the old red container and the old silo container.
Added – Level 5 – Animation to the gear wheel on the first elevator.
Changed – Level 1 – Camera Cover to not see stars through the wall.
Changed – All Level – Little crystal adjustements.
This weeks Patch is a bigger one since we updated Unity to the 2019.1 official release, updated all the camera controls and much more. Also a lot of the demo level riddles got a little rework in reaction to feedback of the many active players / testers that we are lucky to have.
Fixed – A bug that let you gain infinite momentum when using controlls in the menu.
Added – Complete navigation control for all control types to the menues.
Changed – Increased general camera distance to the MARBLE.
Improved – Camera System to reduce shaking at edges and all in all much smoother movement with a better overview on what is happening.
Improved – Well we will see if it is an improvement but we updated Unity to 2019.1
Improved – Audio Mastering and levels
Improved – UI text messages have a dark and transparent background for better reading.
Improved – UI pressure bar fades color.
Added – MARBLE explosion.
Added – Player Crushable so you can crush yourself with lightbeams. Beware!
Fixed – Console Null reference when try to get last command but no commands in history.
Fixed – Some not belonging wall parts in the middle of the „role of shame“ part in level 2
Improved – Level 0 – Visuals for the first control room and (re)added monitor flickering
Improved – Level 0 – Visuals – Added Windows to see the space to better establish the setting.
Improved – Level 0 – First Introduction of lightbeams to avoid players dying to collision or getting out of bounds.
Improved – Level 2 – Middle part red bounce climb. Better interaction with the container and the understanding of the light beam mechanics.
Improved – Level 2 – First red bounce riddle and rebuilt with input from the players, now it is your fault 😛
Improved – Level 6 – Block beam now part of the hanging catwalk and moves with it.
For the easter weekend we have another patch for you. Especially after seeing some of the bugs in different streams xD
Fixed – Controls not working in the main menu for some players after playing one or more level.
Added – Complete navigation control for all control types to the menues.
Added – Broken gangway in tutorial to prevent players from shooting through the level after the anti-grav-shaft.
Improved – Rearanged beam tutorial text box triggers.
Fixed – Level 5 – The „Waschtrommel“ now has no collider errors that allow beams to go through.
Fixed – Level 5 – Missing collider in reaktor.
Fixed – Level 6 – Missing collider at the current end of the hangar.
Added – Level 6 – A box after the closing door to prevent people from loosing the barrel after seeing it in a stream and thinking D’oh!
Fixed – Level 6 – crane not moving riddle now solvable as intended.
After the extensive and awesome feedback we got at the gamefest in Berlin, here the first of many patches to come.
Fixed – more then one key on the keyboard triggers a jump.
Fixed – A button on controllers shoots fog.
Improved – Escape (keyboard) and Start (Controller) now also closes the pause menu again.
Improved – Mouse Cursor now disappears when using the Controller.
Changed – Right Stick now only aims the fog to actually shoot it you need to use the right trigger.
Added – Mouse Cursor is now a fancy Icon.
Added – A wide array of dual stick controllers.
Added – Possibility to choose between direct fog / aim and trigger.
Added – Console command to show different stats about the game and the system.
Changed – Ball fog recharge rate by -30%.
Fixed – Level 3 – Fogdensity in fogpit in abyss challenge.
Fixed – Level 3 – Missing Collider over wrong Pipesystem in abyss challenge.
Fixed – Level 3 – Flying Box on second overhanging container entry.
Improved – Lever prefab now has a socket.
Improved – Reactor Level – Deleted the pipe that was blocking the view to the control screen on final lever.
Improved – Reactor Level – Added missing collider on first red bounce beam.
Improved – Level 1 – Added missing collider top left side of hangar.
Improved – Reactor Level – Added missing collider on the strange rotating machine above the reactor.
Improved – Level 2 – Container in each other on first red challenge.
Changed – Reactor Level – Postprocess stack not prefab.